Why is it different?
There are already 1001 Document Scanner and OCR apps on the App Store. Text Sniper stands apart because it allows much shorter interactions. With just one tap, you can scan and copy an email address, a phone number, a long code, etc, to the clipboard. See it in action, or check out the video preview on the App Store:
How does it work?
- When you open the app, the camera starts scanning the text under the red line
- The results accumulate and are updated in real-time at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the bits of text that you want as soon as they appear: they are copied to the clipboard (center area)
- That's it! You can already paste the text where you need it (dialer, mail, web form, notes, etc.)
- Pause the camera, switch to the front camera, clear the clipboard or clear the recognition results with the tap of a button
- Captures text that is printed on paper, posters, boxes, ... or displayed on a screen.
- All the processing is done on your phone. The app does not need or use the Internet.
- Your privacy is guaranteed: the images and the text never leave your phone.
- Recognizes the characters used in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Dutch.
- Barcodes! The app also scans EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 93, Code 39, Code 128, ITF, Std2of5 and Codabar (NW-7) barcodes.
- The shortest possible path from printed text to usable digital text. "Live" scan what you need and nothing more.
- No more clutter in your photo album with pictures of posters, flyers, etc.
- Proprietary text recognizer designed and engineered specifically for mobile.
Warning: this app does not recognize handwriting (unless it is really really neat print!).
Image recognition, like speech recognition, is not 100% accurate. If you encounter difficulties with some text, please email us a picture at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can improve the next version. We would also love to hear about how you are using the app!
Frequently Asked Questions
You may find some answers to your questions here. If not, do not hesitate to contact us with the form below.
Can I scan an entire document?
No, there are other great apps for that. Text Sniper is designed to scan targeted bits of text, such as numbers, dates, adresses, etc. But you can scan many different snippets in succession.
Will it recognize any kind of text?
Text Sniper can recognize the accented and special characters used in German, Spanish, Italian, French and Dutch.
Can I copy several words at once?
Yes, tap the double up arrow at the bottom of the screen. Everything will be copied to the clipboard.
Can I edit the clipboard before I leave the app?
Yes, just tap on the center area and edit away! Tap on the camera view to dismiss the keyboard.
Do you have a question? A complaint? A suggestion?
Please let us know and we will be happy to help!